Friday, July 13, 2012

Plastic Drop Cloth + Water = Tons of FUN!



It's true, I've been sucked into Pinterst in a BIG way.  I even have Pinterest pinned as one of my internet tabs for quick and easy Pinterest viewing.  And to think I went into using Pinterest kicking and screaming, figuratively....okay maybe the screaming in frustration as I learned how to use it was a little real. :)


This Pinterest find was a HUGE hit with the kiddos, especially Ethan (4).  Zoey (18 months) was a little less sure about the whole situation. :)


So here's the site where I got the original inspiration.  The pictures made it look like so much fun I HAD to give it a go myself. :)


Here's what you need:

*Husky Plastic Sheeting 25x10ft (I think it was 3.5mil)  about $7.50 at Walmart
*Duct Tape
*LOTS and LOTS of water (took about 1.5 hours to fill)
The original blogger did use food coloring, but we put 2 WHOLE bottles of blue food coloring in ours and saw NO change in the water color, so I would just skip that part.


Here's what to do:

*Clear the area of sticks and such
*Fold your plastic sheeting in half
*Duct tape the 3 open sides leaving a small hole to put the hose in
*Put hose in the hole and fill'er up
*Wipe hole dry and tape it up
*Have a blast walking on water!







Tips:

*You can NOT over tape.  The more you do before the water goes in the less leaks you will have to deal with later.
*Maybe I'm not a good taper, but our water only lasted for one evening of play.  So we cut a small hole and refilled the next night.  (just something to plan on.  It probably won't stay filled for more than a few hours)
*Try to get big air bubbles out.  My husband pushed them out with a broom.  It was genius and worked great!




Print this post

0 comments:

Post a Comment