Sunday, July 27, 2014

Amazing Growing Oatmeal



I Love the concept of growing oatmeal.  Like Hungry Girls says, one serving just isn't enough.  So this is her solution.  She explains that she doubles the liquid and the cooking time (with old fashion oats) to make them plump up more.  Well, I like the idea, but since I can't make "normal" oatmeal I followed the recipe pictured above.  

Prep Review:
Only change I made to the ingredients was I doubled the vanilla and left out the creamer because I didn't have any.  Very easy to put together.  Obviously, takes longer than in the microwave, but well worth it. Seemed to have worked out well.  PLEASE NOTE: this is only one (big) serving, so plan accordingly.

Taste Review:
I was VERY impressed with this.  I feared it would taste water downed or blah, but the almond and vanilla were amazing!  I actually forgot the blueberries. It was just fine without them, but they would just add to the yummy taste medley if you have them handy.

Hope you enjoy!  Let us know if you give this one a try.  :)
  
Print this post

0 comments:

Post a Comment