Monday, July 14, 2014

Simple Pot Pie Done Right



Hungry Girl official recipe picture

This Hungry Girl Pot Pie Recipe looked so easy that I couldn't help but give it a try!  

Prep Review and Tips:
This was a very simple recipe to throw together in a short time.  It's nice to have a handful of quick go to recipes to help avoid the dreaded drive thru.  

I did a couple little changes because of preferences.  I used 2 cans of cream of celery soup because I feared otherwise it would be all vege and nothing else.  I thought the 2 cans worked out nicely. (remember to use the 98% fat free and look up high on the store shelves, it could be hiding.)

Out of laziness I used a can of chicken.  This made the prep time extra fast.

 I just used whatever frozen mixed veges I had in the freezer, but I picked all the green beans out.  I like green beans, jut not a huge fan of the frozen kind and they seem so BIG in pot pie.  (I actually ate them, so they didn't go to waste. lol)

I think we ended up using more like 4 servings if the crescent because I didn't work real hard to roll them out to make it extra thin.  (by the way, I used a cup to roll it out.  just in case you don't have a rolling pin handy)

Taste Review:
We were very happy with the taste of this dish, but it was not filling.  I am not sure if subbing the canned chicken had anything to do with that.  Although, I did use the same amount of ounces.  I might add more chicken next time to see if that helps.  But seriously, we all snacked (on good stuff) ALL Evening!  It was terrible!  Maybe we needed to just eat more at dinner and we got tired of the veges...not sure.  So all and all good tasting recipe, but left us hungry (which is rare for these recipes).

Hope you enjoy! Let us know if you give it a try!  :)

Print this post

0 comments:

Post a Comment