Monday, July 14, 2014

Pepperoni Pizza Wrap

Hungry Girl Official Recipe Picture

This recipe was so easy and so last minute that I almost forgot to tell you about it.

Prep Review:
Like I said, this was a super last minute, throw it together, kind of meal; so we just used what we had on hand.  We left out the stewed tomatoes and spinach.  I'm not sure I have much interest in adding them to be honest though. 

For the seasoning we used Krazy Mix Up Salt. We bought ours at Kroger in the spice section.  We just did a few shakes on each roll up and that worked nicely.  It was just a time saver really.  Nothing against the recipe. 

In the name of saving time we also didn't food process the string cheese.  It worked in a pinch but in the future we will put it in the food processor, so that the whole string cheese doesn't try to slide out with each bite. 

I have no idea if the pepperoni we used was "turkey".  It was something I bought from Dollar Tree, so who knows.  lol  It was enough for 4 wraps for $1, so that's a winner in my book.  They were small and the calorie count was not terrible.  We did 6 per wrap. I did take the time to pat the grease off and chop them.  

Taste Review:
We enjoyed the wraps and so did the kids.  I'm not sure how our opinion would change by adding the tomato and spinach, but I'm sure it would still be good plus more filling.  :) 

Hope you enjoy!  Let us know if you give it a try.  :)

Print this post

0 comments:

Post a Comment