Thursday, July 3, 2014

Super Filling Super Full Omelette



Mr. Daddy Hill is very good at preparing breakfast foods, so I picked this Hungry Girl dish out with him in mind.  :)

Prep Review:
This recipe calls for A LOT of mushrooms.  I don't mind mushrooms, but I didn't want my whole bite to be mushroom so I chopped them up.  (I'm glad I did this.)  

We skipped the slice of bacon.  It sounded like a recipe for disaster. Put one piece in the omelette and eat the rest of the package while the omelette cooks....Yeah, that would defeat the healthy recipe.  

Again, because canned diced tomatoes are a household staple, we used these.  I did however do a little extra chopping just to get them down to a more reasonable size.

Taste Review:
We did try the sausage patty substitute.  If this is not something you are already into, let me save you some time and money.  DON'T BOTHER.  YUCK!  It tasted more Earthy than the mushrooms and nearly ruined the goodness of the recipe.  Skip the sausage substitute and add a little cheese to your veges instead.

Other than that one easy fix we liked this recipe.  It was VERY filling and packed full of veges.  (in fact I'm not sure either one of us got all the way through one.)

Hope you enjoy!  If you this one a try, let us know! :)

Print this post

0 comments:

Post a Comment