Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Non Dairy Snow Ice Cream


Non Dairy Chocolate Snow Ice Cream

Ingredients:
*8 Cups fresh snow
*1 Cup chocolate soy milk (sub regular milk for vanilla ice cream)
* 1/2 cup sugar (we used Splenda)
*1 teaspoon of vanilla

Directions:
1. Collect 8 cups of snow (place a large bowl outside while it is snowing for the freshest snow)
2. Mix snow chocolate soy milk, sugar/Splenda & vanilla together
3. Enjoy right away! YUM!

My Review:
For those of you who don't know I am on a non-diary diet while Zoey is breast feeding because of a milk protein allergy. When a friend mentioned making snow ice cream with her kids it sparked the idea that I could make a diary free option. I'm super excited and very impressed with the result. Now I have a tasty ice cream option for those "ice cream kind of day". :)
Ethan got a kick out of using snow to make something to eat. When I told him he could take a taste he said, "but it's snow." He liked mixing and pouring more than eating, but then again that's Ethan, not really into eating much of anything.

Print this post

0 comments:

Post a Comment