Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Comfort Meal with a Comforting Calorie Count Part 1

Welcome to the first of 4 Comfort Meal Recipes that I know you will love!

Official Hungry Girl Recipe Picture

Let's start with the most amazing meatloaf I have ever made.  I have tried several meatloaf recipes and they all have good enough, but didn't have the Wow factor.  This recipe does and BONUS it's healthier than traditional recipes.  

Prep review:
SO EASY!  I did use ground beef because that is just my preference.   Loved the use of coleslaw mix in this recipe. Nice vege filler.  Prep was a matter of mixing and popping into cupcake tins.  I used my cookie baller (is that the official name?  not sure....) to put the mix into the tins.  I didn't have to use my hands to mix the meat mixture or put in the tins.  Major bonus. lol  :)

Taste review:
AMAZING! I was worried about the amount of garlic powder, but it was not overpowering at all.  The only possible drawback is the periodic coleslaw piece that sticks out.  It does not taste bad or different, but kind of weirded out the kids.  Although, they did still seem to like it.  The cupcake portioned sizes were a good kid friendly sell.


Print this post

0 comments:

Post a Comment