Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Make Your 4th Meal Healthier

Hungry Girl Official Recipe Picture

Wow!  Where has the time gone?  I have so many recipes to share with you as I have gotten behind in blogging.  Tomorrow I have an exam on the Lymphatic System (A&P II), so I have spent some quality time reading about B cells, T cell, and antibodies.   :)

ANYWAY, we still have been cooking up some great healthy recipes and I'm excited to share this Taco Bell swap.  We love Taco Bell.....maybe a little too much.  The fourth meal was a real thing in our house since I get off work at 10pm and passing Taco Bell on the way home.....

Prep Review:
I have to give Mr. Daddy Hill credit on this one.  He put this together after I worked this past weekend.  We stayed very true to the recipe other than I picked up the wrong cheese, so we did a reduced fat shredded cheese instead.  (purely by accident but I think I would prefer how I shredded cheese works anyway.)

He did mention that the cook time needs to be reduced.  The first griller came out very black.  It says to do 2 minutes per side.  He felt like 1 minute per side would have been plenty.  So just kind of watch it close as it cooks.

We used regular flour tortillas for the kids.  Partially because I want to use them up and partially because I know that they are weird about how their food looks.

Taste Review:
We thought this was a very good Taco Bell substitute. Again, we are very impressed with the use of soy crumbles.  They work great in taco seasoned dishes.  We categorize this was as "A Winner!" and will certainly do it again.  :)

Hope you enjoy!  Let us know if you give this one a try.  :)

Print this post

0 comments:

Post a Comment